Clippings 2.99.5 is a feature-complete release. This milestone release will, for the most part, contain all the great new features that you will see in Clippings 3.0.
» Download: Clippings 2.99.5 (146 KB; English (United States); compatible with Firefox 2.0-3.0b2 and Thunderbird 2.0-2.0.0.x)
If you already have a previous release of Clippings installed, you must uninstall it first before installing this release. Because this is a development snapshot, no automatic upgrades to this release will be available to current Clippings users.
- Removed support for Firefox 1.5 and Thunderbird 1.5. These versions are obsolete and Mozilla Corp. is no longer supporting them.
- Added support for Firefox 3.0 beta 2.
- Clippings' first-run initialization has been improved.
- Bug fix: No auto reload after migration completed (bug 18197)
- Bug fix: Common Clippings command should be hidden after migration is completed (bug 18368)
- Bug fix: "Clippings Error" command on Clippings menu not removed after successful automatic recovery on Thunderbird
Regressions occurring when Clippings is installed on Firefox 3.0 beta 2:
- In Clippings Manager, it is no longer possible to adjust the width of the tree list.
- Export as HTML from Clippings Manager doesn't work (bug 18519)
- Clippings Manager status bar item count isn't updated if Clippings with packaged datasource is installed on to another host application (bug 18552)
- Shortcut key assignments are lost after migrating to the common data source.
Help and Support
Send your questions to the Clippings mailing list at clippingsmozdevorg. Enter a new bug here (Bugzilla account on Mozdev required - or you can just post your bug report to the mailing list). Remember to check the bug list first to see if an issue you want to report has already been filed.
Stay tuned for a release candidate of Clippings 3.0.