» Download: Clippings 3.1 rc1 (190 KB; compatible with Firefox 2.0-3.1b2 and Thunderbird 2.0-3.0b1)
Because this is a pre-release build, updates will not be available automatically.
Supported languages: English (United States), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Slovak, Ukrainian.
NEW for Portable Firefox/Thunderbird users: There is a special build of Clippings designed for Portable Firefox/Thunderbird.
Click here to download and install the release candidate.
Here is a summary of new features in Clippings 3.1:
- Paste clippings without overwriting the clipboard
- Paste clippings containing HTML tags as rich text. Users can choose to paste as rich text or plain text (with HTML tags and character entities intact).
- New extension preferences dialog (Tools → Add-ons, select Clippings in the list of installed extensions → click Options)
- Clippings icon now appears in the status bar of Thunderbird's message view window
- New -- separate build of Clippings for Portable Firefox/Thunderbird. In this build, common clippings is disabled by default, since the common datasource would reside in the user's home folder on the computer, thus posing a privacy risk to users running Firefox or Thunderbird from a portable device (such as a USB flash drive) on public computers. With common clippings disabled, the clippings datasource will reside in the Portable Firefox/Thunderbird profile folder, which is located on the portable device.
Changes From the Previous Beta Release
In Thunderbird's message compose window, the Clippings submenu in the context menu in the subject line has been removed. This feature was introduced in the beta release, but problems in making it work means that it will have to be deferred to a future release.
Help and Support
Please see the Contact page on the AE Creations web site for instructions on where to submit feedback or bug reports.