Barring any last-minute show-stopper bugs, this may become the public release of Panic Button 2.0. This release should be much more stable than the previous beta releases; but if in doubt, stick with version 220.127.116.11 for now.
What's New in Version 2.0
This is a list of all the new features and improvements in Panic Button 2.0:
- Integration with the new Firefox Australis user interface
- Updated appearance of the 20 built-in Panic Button toolbar icons (Linux users on Firefox 28 or older will still see the old icons)
- Redesigned extension preferences dialog
- Customizable shortcut key for invoking the Panic Button action. Choose from any of the function keys (F1 to F12), as well as the arrow keys, Page Up and Page Down, and a few others. These can be combined with modifier keys; e.g., Ctrl+Shift. The F9 key continues to be the default shortcut key; for Mac OS X users, Command+F9 is no longer the alternate shortcut key since Exposé, which used the F9 key, has been replaced with Launchpad in recent OS X versions
- Instantly customize the Panic Button toolbar button icon by right-clicking on the button and then selecting the desired icon from the Select An Icon panel. Available on Firefox 29 and newer; not available on Mac OS X
- Now works when the browser is in Private Browsing mode. When the browser session is restored, the windows retain their Private Browsing status
How to Get It
Head over to the Panic Button page on the Mozilla Add-ons website, then scroll to the bottom and expand Development Channel. Click on the yellow "Add to Firefox" button to install it.
Help and Support
Send your questions and comments to the AE Creations forums. If you wish to report a bug, you may do so in GitHub; you will need a GitHub account if you don't have one already.