If you already have a previous release of Clippings installed, you must uninstall it first before installing this release. Because this is an alpha release, no automatic upgrades to this release will be available to current Clippings users.
This release fixes a few issues that were discovered in alpha 1, and introduces a few new features:
- A new option to paste a clipping by searching for it by name and then selecting it from an autocomplete menu. Activate clipping search mode the same way the shortcut key paste mode is activated: press CTRL+ALT+V (or Command+Option+V on Mac OS X). Switch between shortcut key and search-by-name modes by pressing the TAB key
- New Placeholder Bar in Clippings Manager, to make it easier for novice users to insert placeholders into a clipping. Turn it on by clicking Tools -> Placeholder Bar in Clippings Manager
- Bug fix: Placeholder prompt dialog didn't appear when the default value of the placeholder contained spaces (issue #33)
- Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, the source URL of a clipping was blank (instead of displaying "None") when there was no source URL on the clipping
Things You Should Know About
- The clipping label picker does not display correctly on Mac OS X.
- Debugging functionality has been temporarily enabled for this alpha release. You may notice verbose logging in the browser console and repeated beeps when editing a clipping in Clippings Manager.
How to Get It
Head over to the Clippings page on the Mozilla Add-ons website, then scroll to the bottom and expand Development Channel. Click on the yellow "Add to Firefox" button to install it.
Help and Support
Send your questions and comments to the AE Creations forums. If you wish to report a bug, you may do so in GitHub; you will need a GitHub account if you don't have one already.