If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Extension Manager (Tools → Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
- The Welcome to Clippings page will now detect if the Clippings database is inaccessible (due to Private Browsing mode turned on in Firefox, or the database is not set up correctly), and will display a message with instructions on how to fix it
- The New Clipping dialog and Clippings Manager page will now detect if Private Browsing mode is turned on; and if so, display a message saying that Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode
- Bug fix: Pressing the Delete key in Clippings Manager deletes the clipping/folder instead of deleting a character in the name or content textbox
- Bug fix: Can't dismiss folder picker popup in New Clipping dialog
Things You Should Know About
This release has most of the features from version 5.x, although there are a few which are not available; most notably:
- Adding or editing color labels on clippings
- No prompts for placeholder values are displayed when pasting a clipping containing placeholders. Does not affect built-in placeholders (e.g. for the date)
- Due to WebExtensions being restricted from using any keyboard shortcuts that start with CTRL + ALT, the keyboard paste key has now changed - it is now ALT+SHIFT+Y (Cmd+Shift+Y on macOS).
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created, from a Private Browsing window.
- If there were labels on clippings in the imported data source, they will be brought over to Clippings 6 with the import; the color labels will appear on the Clippings context menu. However, labels cannot be edited for existing clippings, or added to new clippings. This will be fixed in a future release.
Help and Support
Known issues with Clippings 6 are listed in this blog post.
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.