Because this is a beta release, no automatic upgrades to this release will be available to current Panic Button users.
Most features from Panic Button 3 have been ported over; however, there are some limitations:
- The "Hide all Windows" action is no longer available
- The shortcut key for invoking the Panic Button action cannot be changed to something else; the default is F9
- The option to set a password for restoring the browser session (for the "Hide and Replace" action) is missing
What's New in 4.0 beta 2
- You can now upload an image file to use as the toolbar button icon
- Support for reverse contrast toolbar button icons - useful if a dark Firefox theme is in use
- Extension preferences now appears in its own browser tab
How to Get It
Note that the layout of the Mozilla Add-ons website has recently changed. To obtain the 4.0 beta 2 release, head over to the Panic Button page on the Mozilla Add-ons website, then under the heading "More information", click "See all beta versions", then locate the entry for Version 4.0b2 and then click Add to Firefox.
Help and Support
Send your questions and comments to the AE Creations forums. If you wish to report a bug, you may do so in GitHub; you will need a GitHub account if you don't have one already.