Clippings 2.0 RC 1 (62 KB; English-US; compatible with Firefox 1.5-1.5.0.x and Thunderbird 1.5-1.5.0.x)
As this is not the final 2.0 release, no automatic updating will occur if you already have Clippings 1.x or any previous development snapshot release installed. You must uninstall the old version of Clippings first in Extension Manager before installing this release.
Summary of New Features
- Now works with Mozilla Thunderbird! Clippings can be created from both the message view and the message compose windows by dragging selected text into the Clippings icon on the Thunderbird status bar. Clippings can also be inserted into the body of an email message in the message compose window using the context menu.
- Folders and subfolders to organize your clippings. You can choose which folder to place a new clipping in, create new folders (or delete folders you no longer need), and move or copy clippings into folders in Clippings Manager.
- Automatic back up of Clippings data. Back up files are stored in a ".clipbak" folder in your Firefox user profile folder.
- Automatic recovery of corrupted Clippings data. Clippings can now detect corruption of the data source file (clipdat2.rdf) and restore it from backup files.
- Export Clippings as HTML for printing or display in a Web browser.
- Export as Clippings 1.x format, for backwards compatibility with Clippings 1.x series.
- Clippings Manager window dimensions now remembered between sessions.
- Numerous bug fixes.
Due to problems with getting many of the new features to work with Firefox 1.0.x and Thunderbird 1.0.x, Clippings now requires Firefox 1.5 or newer and Thunderbird 1.5 or newer. Users who have not yet upgraded to the latest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird should do so.
Clippings 2.0 is scheduled to be released at the end of June. If you discover any bugs, please file them in Bugzilla. Be sure to do a search first to see if the issue hasn't been reported yet. Thanks for trying out Clippings!