This is a beta release of an upcoming update to Clippings 6.3. It is being made available to testers and early adopters craving the latest and greatest, and are willing to tolerate a few bugs.
Read on to learn more about what's new in this release, and how to get it.
- Bug fix: Clippings stops working after changing the "Run in Private Windows" setting (issue #287). If the Clippings toolbar button is clicked after changing this setting, a message box will appear, instructing you to restart Firefox.
- Improvements to German localization
- Other fixes and improvements
Things You Should Know About
- Thunderbird Users: This version of Clippings is designed for Firefox and is not compatible with Thunderbird. Get Clippings for Thunderbird, now compatible with Thunderbird versions 78 and 91.
- Clippings 6.3 requires Firefox 78 or newer.
- Some features may not be available when Firefox is in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive.
- If you want to use Sync Clippings, download and install the Sync Clippings helper app. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is available for Windows only.
How to Get It
IMPORTANT! If you're already using Clippings and want to try the beta release, back up your clippings first before upgrading.
To install this beta release, head over to the Clippings 6.3.1 beta 1 page on GitHub. Look for the link to clippings-6.3.1b1-fx.xpi, then click on it to install.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be posted to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.