Read on to learn what's new in Clippings 6.1 and how to get it.
- The keyboard paste shortcut key prefix (default keys ALT+SHIFT+Y or Command+Shift+Y) can now be changed. On Windows and Linux, it can be set to ALT + SHIFT + (A-Z, 0-9, period or comma). On macOS, it can be set to Command + Shift + (A-Z, 0-9, period or comma).
- Clippings Manager now saves the ordering of clippings and folders; they can be reordered by drag and drop in the Clippings Manager tree list. The clippings and folders will also appear in the Clippings browser context menu in the same order.
- Synchronize your clippings between Firefox and Thunderbird, or other Firefox instances, with the new Sync Clippings feature. Sync Clippings lets you synchronize a subset of your clippings so that they appear in both applications.
- Backup reminder notifications. When this feature is turned on, a notification will appear, reminding you to back up your clippings. Click on the notification to backup your clippings through Clippings Manager. The frequency of the notifications (daily, weekly, monthly or never) can be set in Clippings preferences, or when the backup reminder notification appears for the first time.
- You can now export your clippings to CSV (comma-separated values) format. This can be done from Clippings Manager (click Tools → Export).
- 6.1 beta 2 Added ability to reload the Sync Clippings folder in Clippings Manager, to update it with latest changes from other computers or applications with Clippings (issue #224)
- 6.1 beta 2 Clippings Manager will now automatically update when Sync Clippings is turned on or off from Clippings preferences (issue #218)
- 6.1 beta 2 Bug fix: Issues with moving/copying a folder containing clippings and subfolders into Synced Clippings folder (issue #226)
- 6.1 beta 2 Bug fix: Ordering of synced items isn't saved (issue #227)
- 6.1 beta 2 Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, copied folder doesn't appear after copy (issue #231)
- 6.1 beta 2 Bug fix: Placeholder prompt sometimes fails to paste clipping (issue #233)
- 6.1 beta 2 Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, disappearing clipping/folder after undoing move to folder (issue #209)
Things You Should Know About
- Clippings 6.1 requires Firefox 60 or newer.
- If you want to use Sync Clippings, you'll need to download and install the Sync Clippings Helper application. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is currently available for Windows only.
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created.
- If Sync Clippings is turned on and a backup is restored in Clippings Manager, the Sync Clippings folder is deleted (issue #232). Workaround: open the Clippings preferences page, then turn off Sync Clippings and turn it back on.
- The ordering of clippings and folders in the Synced Clippings folder won't be preserved if syncing between Firefox and Thunderbird. This issue shouldn't occur if syncing only between multiple instances of Firefox.
How To Get It
IMPORTANT! If you are already using Clippings and want to try the beta release, back up your clippings first before upgrading.
To install this beta release, head over to the Clippings 6.1 beta 2 page on GitHub. Look for the link to clippings-6.1b2.xpi, then click on it to install.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.