If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
- Automatic checking for updates to the Sync Clippings Helper application, if Sync Clippings is turned on
- Improvements to German translation (thanks to Crowdin translator AlexanderS)
- Bug fix: First-time backup notification not appearing (issue #251). Users upgrading from version 6.1.1 will see the first-time backup notification appearing a few minutes after the upgrade to 6.1.2, as it has been more than a week (7 days) after version 6.1 was released
- Other minor fixes
Things You Should Know About
- Clippings 6.1 requires Firefox 60 or newer.
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created.
- If you want to use Sync Clippings, you'll need to download and install the Sync Clippings helper app. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is currently available for Windows only. The current release of the Sync Clippings Helper is 1.0 beta 3; watch this blog for news on an official 1.0 release of the helper app, which is coming soon.
- The ordering of clippings and folders in the Synced Clippings folder won't be preserved if syncing between Firefox and Thunderbird. This issue doesn't occur if syncing only between multiple instances of Firefox.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.