If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
- Added support for Greek, Polish and Spanish
- Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, export confirmation dialog doesn't show the correct file name of the export file, if it was changed from the default name (issue #186)
- Bug fix: In the keyboard paste dialog, scrolling through the autocomplete menu with arrow keys doesn't work (issue #181)
- Other minor fixes
Things You Should Know About
Clippings 6 is a WebExtension for Firefox 57 and newer. It is not compatible with Mozilla Thunderbird. Thunderbird users should install Clippings 5.5.2, available from the Past Versions page on the AE Creations website.
There are several differences compared to previous versions of Clippings:
- Due to WebExtensions being restricted from using any keyboard shortcuts that start with CTRL + ALT, the keyboard paste key has now changed - it is now ALT+SHIFT+Y (Cmd+Shift+Y on macOS).
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created.
- Clippings Manager can import the legacy Clippings RDF/XML datasource file format (*.rdf files) as well as the new Clippings 6 format; however, it can only export to Clippings 6 format. To exchange clippings from Clippings 6 with other users, they need to have Clippings 5.5 or newer installed.
Help and Support
Known issues with Clippings 6 are listed here.
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
Thanks to Crowdin users Juanma, wasilis and xX_EpicCrasher_Xx for contributing the Spanish, Greek and Polish translations for Clippings 6. If you want to help translate Clippings into another world language, go to the Crowdin project page for Clippings.