Another minor update to Clippings 6.2 for Mozilla Firefox has been released, and is now available from Mozilla Add-ons and the AE Creations website. This update adds the ability to create and paste a clipping in custom web components.
If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Check for Updates.
- Clippings now works in custom web components with input fields in the shadow DOM (issue #320)
- Improvements to reliability of clipping creation and pasting in HTML editors
- Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, the Reload button on the Synced Clippings folder shifts slightly when the mouse cursor is on the folder label (issue #323)
Things You Should Know About
- Thunderbird Users: Clippings 6.2 is not compatible with Thunderbird. You should get Clippings for Thunderbird instead. Clippings for Thunderbird 5.7 is compatible with Thunderbird 68. Please note that Clippings for Thunderbird is not compatible with Thunderbird 78 -- more information in this blog post.
- Clippings 6.2 requires Firefox 68 or newer, and is compatible with Firefox 78 ESR.
- Some features may not be available when Firefox is in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive.
- If you want to use Sync Clippings, you'll need to download and install the Sync Clippings helper app. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is currently available for Windows only.
Still Using Firefox 68 ESR?
Upcoming versions of Clippings won't be compatible with Firefox 68 ESR. If you're still using Clippings on this older Extended Support Release, you should upgrade to Firefox 78 ESR as soon as possible so that you'll continue getting future updates for Clippings.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be posted to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
Many thanks to Will Pike for contributing to this release.