If you already have an older version of Panic Button installed, it will be updated for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), click on the entry for Panic Button in the list of installed extensions, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Check for Updates.
- Added Polish localization
- Bug fix: In the extension preferences page, resetting the keyboard shortcut doesn't appear to work if it was changed from Manage Extension Shortcuts in Add-ons Manager
Things You Should Know About
- The Hide and Replace action won't work if Firefox is set to "Never remember history" in Privacy & Security settings.
- The Hide and Replace action is unable to restore any browser tabs
displaying Firefox pages such as Add-ons Manager and Firefox Settings.
- On Firefox 115 and newer on macOS and Linux, there is an issue with the "Minimize All Windows" action that occurs if the "Open a new window after all browser windows are minimized" option is selected. If this action is invoked, and then the browser windows are restored by clicking the Panic Button or pressing the keyboard shortcut on the temporary browser window, the restored browser window heights are shrunk down. This issue is not occurring on Windows.
- Any downloads in progress will continue in the background if clicking the Panic Button to hide or minimize all windows. If Close All Windows was selected in extension preferences as the Panic Button action, downloads in progress will be canceled.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Panic Button should be posted to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, now hosted on Groups.io.
Many thanks to Crowdin contributor jeleniogorzanin for translating Panic Button into Polish!
If you are fluent in English and another world language and would like to help update or add a new translation, consider contributing a translation in Crowdin. Localizations in other languages are always welcome, and will be added in future releases.