This is a beta release of the next version of Panic Button, the Firefox extension from AE Creations that hides your browser windows from prying eyes with a click of a button. It is being made available for testers and early adopters craving the latest and greatest, and although it is fairly stable, expect to encounter a few inevitable bugs.
Read on to learn more about what's new in this release, and how to get it.
- Improvements to some of the built-in Panic Button icons
- Enhanced keyboard navigation in the extension preferences page, Change Icon dialog, and the Restore Session page
- Other behind-the-scenes improvements to ensure compatibility with future versions of Firefox
Things You Should Know About
- Panic Button 5.0 requires Firefox 115 or newer.
- The version number of this beta release will appear as 4.99.1 in Add-ons Manager.
- Panic Button won't work if Firefox is set to "Never remember history" in Privacy & Security settings.
How to Get ItTo install this beta release, head over to the Panic Button 5.0 beta 1 page on GitHub. Look for the link to panicbutton-5.0b1.xpi, then click on it to install.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Panic Button should be posted to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, now hosted on Groups.io.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.