If you already have an older version of Clippings for Thunderbird installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (from the Thunderbird menu, click Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
Please note: Clippings for Thunderbird is not available from Thunderbird Add-ons.
- Bug fix: Error message appearing at top of shortcut key HTML export (issue #23)
- Bug fix: Maintain sort order of clippings/folders in sync file and Clippings 6 shadow copy (issue #24)
Things You Should Know About
- Rearranging clippings and folders in Clippings Manager by drag and drop in the clippings tree is no longer possible. Use the Move toolbar button to select a folder to move or copy to, or right-click and select the Cut, Copy and Paste menu options. To rearrange items within a folder, select the folder, click the Arrange toolbar button, then in the dialog that appears, you can use drag and drop to rearrange the items in the selected folder.
- It is no longer possible to drag selected text to the Clippings status bar icon to create a clipping from the selected text. Instead, copy the text to the clipboard and then select New From Clipboard from the status bar icon's context menu.
- To display the extension preferences dialog, open Clippings Manager, then select Tools → Options. The Clippings preferences dialog is not accessible from Add-ons Manager.
- If a shortcut key is assigned to a synced clipping, and the shortcut key assignment conflicts with another clipping, the synced clipping will lose its assigned key in favor of the other clipping.
Clippings 5.6.1 is compatible with Thunderbird 60. It is not compatible with the recent Thunderbird beta releases.
If you want Clippings for Firefox Quantum, you'll need to install Clippings 6, available from Mozilla Add-ons and the AE Creations website.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.