This is the first beta release of the next version of Panic Button. It is being made available for testers and early adopters craving the latest and greatest, and although it is fairly stable, expect to encounter a few inevitable bugs.
Read on to learn more about what's new in this release, and how to get it.
- New menu options added to the Panic Button toolbar button context menu, making it easier to change the toolbar button icon or go to the extension preferences page. To show the context menu, right-click on the Panic Button toolbar button (issue #61 and #70)
- New option in extension preferences for snoozing inactive browser tabs when restoring the browser session after invoking the Hide and Replace action (issue #64)
- When restoring the browser session after invoking the Hide and Replace
action, Panic Button will try to restore Reader Mode on those browser
tabs that had it turned on (issue #65)
Things You Should Know About
- Panic Button 4.4 requires Firefox 78 or newer.
- Panic Button won't work if Firefox is set to "Never remember history" in Privacy & Security settings.
How to Get ItTo install this beta release, head over to the Panic Button 4.4 beta 1 page on GitHub. Look for the link to panic_button-4.4b1-fx.xpi, then click on it to install.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Panic Button should be posted to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.