This is the second beta release of an upcoming update to Panic Button, and it fixes a bug that affects users upgrading from an older version. It is being made available for testing, and although it
is fairly stable, expect to encounter a few inevitable
Read on to learn more about what's new in this release, and how to get it.
- Panic Button can now handle multiple browser windows when restoring the browser session after triggering the "Hide and Replace" action (issue #44). Note that browser tabs loaded with special Firefox pages, such as the Firefox options page and Add-ons Manager, cannot be restored
- New action to minimize the current browser window
- The default keyboard shortcut is changed to F8 to avoid a conflict with toggling Reader Mode on Windows 10 (issue #49)
- Improvements to Dark Mode icons
- Fixed in 4.3b2 Post-upgrade page doesn't load (issue #55)
Things You Should Know About
- Panic Button 4.3 requires Firefox 78 or newer.
- Panic Button won't work if Firefox is set to "Never remember history" in Privacy & Security settings.
How to Get ItTo install this beta release, head over to the Panic Button 4.3 beta 2 page on GitHub. Look for the link to panicbutton-4.3b2.xpi, then click on it to install.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Panic Button should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.