If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Check for Updates.
- Clippings now supports Dark Mode system themes on macOS and Windows. The dark-colored theme is automatically applied to Clippings windows and dialogs (for example, Clippings Manager and the extension preferences page) when Dark Mode is activated on your system.
- You can now choose how you want the date or time to be formatted for the $[DATE] and $[TIME] placeholders; for example, the date with the day of the week included, or the time given in the 24-hour clock. To add a formatted date or time placeholder to your clipping, open Clippings Manager, turn on the Placeholder Toolbar (Tools → Show/Hide menu), then from the toolbar, click Presets and select Formatted Date/Time
- For Sync Clippings users, there's a new option to only show synced clippings and folders on the Clippings menu. To activate it, go to the extension preferences, then under Sync Clippings, click Settings.
- Brought back the ability to redo an action in Clippings Manager. To redo an action (undo an undo), press F2.
- New option to add the date to the backup file name
- Many other fixes and improvements
Things You Should Know About
- Clippings 6.2 requires Firefox 68 or newer.
- Some features may not be available when Firefox is in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive.
- If you want to use Sync Clippings, you'll need to download and install the Sync Clippings helper app. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is currently available for Windows only.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
A huge thanks to the volunteer translators in Crowdin for updating the localizations for Clippings 6.2! If you are fluent in English and another world language and would like to help update or add a new translation, consider contributing a translation in Crowdin.