This is expected to be the last beta release as work progresses closer to the official, and much-anticipated, 6.1 release.
The following is a list of what's new and fixed since 6.1 beta 4. Please see the Clippings 6.1 beta 2 blog post for a full list of all the new features coming in version 6.1. For a list of bug fixes and new features since, refer to the past blog posts for 6.1 beta 3 and beta 4.
- You can now undo the drag and drop reordering of clippings and folders in the Clippings Manager tree list (issue #211)
- The Synced Clippings folder now appears as the first item by default, to make it easier to locate (issue #240). You can move it by dragging and dropping in the Clippings Manager tree to reposition it, but it cannot be moved to a subfolder. NOTE: This feature is only available to users upgrading to 6.1b5 from 6.0.x, or to new users installing Clippings 6.1; current beta users upgrading to beta 5 will continue to see the Synced Clippings folders appearing elsewhere in the list.
- Experimental feature: Drag and drop text into the tree list in Clippings Manager to create a new clipping
- Bug fix: Synced Clippings folder deleted after restoring from backup (issue #232)
- Bug fix: Unwanted expanding of a folder in the Clippings Manager tree when moving a clipping or folder using drag and drop
- Other minor fixes
Things You Should Know About
- Clippings 6.1 requires Firefox 60 or newer.
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created.
- The ordering of clippings and folders in the Synced Clippings folder won't be preserved if syncing between Firefox and Thunderbird. This issue doesn't occur if syncing only between multiple instances of Firefox.
How to Get It
IMPORTANT! If you are already using Clippings and want to try the beta release, back up your clippings first before upgrading.
To install this beta release, head over to the Clippings 6.1 beta 5 page on GitHub. Look for the link to clippings-6.1b5.xpi, then click on it to install.
If you want to use Sync Clippings, you'll need to download and install the Sync Clippings helper app. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is currently available for Windows only. The current release of the Sync Clippings Helper is 1.0 beta 3; an official 1.0 release of the helper app will be announced on this blog as it becomes available, and all beta users will have to upgrade to it.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.