This release fixes a few bugs from beta 1, and comes with improvements to Dark Mode support on Windows and macOS.
Here's the full list of what's coming in Clippings 6.2:
- Clippings now supports Dark Mode system themes on macOS and Windows. The dark-colored theme is automatically applied to Clippings windows and dialogs (for example, Clippings Manager and the extension preferences page) when Dark Mode is activated on your system.
- You can now choose how you want the date or time to be formatted for the $[DATE] and $[TIME] placeholders; for example, the date with the day of the week included, or the time given in the 24-hour clock. To add a formatted date or time placeholder to your clipping, open Clippings Manager, turn on the Placeholder Toolbar (Tools → Show/Hide menu), then from the toolbar, click Presets and select Formatted Date/Time
- For Sync Clippings users, there is a new option to only show synced clippings and folders on the Clippings menu. To activate it, go to the extension preferences, then under Sync Clippings, click Settings.
- Brought back the ability to redo an action in Clippings Manager. To redo an action (undo an undo), press F2.
- New in 6.2b2 New option to add the date to the backup file name
- Many other fixes and improvements
Things You Should Know About
- Clippings 6.2 requires Firefox 68 or newer.
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created.
How to Get It
IMPORTANT! If you are already using Clippings and want to try the beta release, back up your clippings first before upgrading.
To install this beta release, head over to the Clippings 6.2 beta 2 page on GitHub. Look for the link to clippings-6.2b2.xpi, then click on it to install.
If you want to use Sync Clippings, you'll need to download and install the Sync Clippings helper app. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is currently available for Windows only.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.