This is an important update to Monday's release of Clippings 6.2.5. This minor release fixes a serious bug that was occurring with users upgrading from a previous version. It is now available from Mozilla Add-ons and the AE Creations website.If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Check for Updates.
- Bug fix: Settings not loading on startup after update to version 6.2.5 (issue #322)
- Now available in Dutch
- Fixed the appearance of the clippings tree and checkboxes in Clippings Manager, New Clipping dialog and extension preferences page when color overrides is turned on in Firefox (issues #318 and #321)
- Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, copied clippings or folders may appear out of sequence in the destination folder (issue #316)
Things You Should Know About
- Thunderbird Users: Clippings 6.2 is not compatible with Thunderbird. You should get Clippings for Thunderbird instead. Clippings for Thunderbird 5.7 is compatible with Thunderbird 68. Please note that Clippings for Thunderbird is not compatible with Thunderbird 78 -- more information in this blog post.
- Clippings 6.2 requires Firefox 68 or newer, and is compatible with Firefox 78 ESR.
- Some features may not be available when Firefox is in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive.
- If you want to use Sync Clippings, you'll need to download and install the Sync Clippings helper app. More information and download links can be found on the Sync Clippings page on the AE Creations website. The Sync Clippings Helper app is currently available for Windows only.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.
Thanks to Crowdin contributors Klaas Swart and majidini for localizing Clippings in Dutch! If you are fluent in English and another world language and would like to help update or add a new translation, consider contributing a translation in Crowdin.