» Download: Clippings 2.99.2 (120 KB; English (United States); compatible with Firefox 1.5-2.0.0.x and Thunderbird 1.5-2.0.0.x)
If you already have a previous release of Clippings installed, you must uninstall it first before installing this release. Because this is a development snapshot, no automatic upgrades to this release will be available to current Clippings users.
What's New in This Release
Here is a summary of the new features in this release. More information on these new features will be posted to this blog soon.
- Clipping placeholders. You can now define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping.
- Toolbar button for Firefox.
- Common clippings data for Firefox and Thunderbird. There are a lot of bugs affecting this much-requested feature that can render it unusable; consequently this feature has been disabled by default. More details (like how to turn it on) will be forthcoming.
For the most up-to-date list of bugs, please see http://clippings.mozdev.org/bugs.html.
- Undoing deletion of a clipping with a shortcut key assigned to it will not restore its shortcut key. It is also not yet possible to undo a shortcut key assignment in Clippings Manager (bug 17531).
- Clippings Manager doesn't immediately update the shortcut key assignment on a newly-created clipping, if it was created via the New Clipping dialog box (bug 17467).
- Clippings Manager problems with Options -> Reload: repeated invocations will cause folder icons for empty folders to change to a clipping icon and then back to folder images. Also, unwanted undoing of editing actions when invoking Reload (bug 17669)
- Subfolders sometimes don't appear in the Clippings menu when common Clippings data is enabled; the Clippings menu needs to be invoked repeatedly to have all subfolders (empty and non-empty) appear (bug 17413).
- Shortcut key doesn't work immediately after assignment in Clippings Manager (bug 17673)
Help and Support
Send your questions to the Clippings mailing list at clippingsmozdevorg. Enter a new bug here (Bugzilla account on Mozdev required - or you can just post your bug report to the mailing list). Remember to check the bug list first to see if an issue you want to report has already been filed.