NEW for Portable Firefox/Thunderbird users: There is a special build of Clippings designed for Portable Firefox/Thunderbird. See the Download and Install page on the Clippings website for the download link.
If you already have an older version of Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Extension Manager (Tools → Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Update.
Supported languages: English (United States), Chinese (simplified), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Slovak, Ukrainian.
- Paste clippings without overwriting the clipboard
- Paste clippings containing HTML tags as rich text. Users can choose to paste as rich text or plain text (with HTML tags and character entities intact).
- New extension preferences dialog (Tools → Add-ons, select Clippings in the list of installed extensions → click Options)
- Clippings icon now appears in the status bar of Thunderbird's message view window
- Separate build for Portable Firefox/Thunderbird. In this build, the common datasource feature is disabled.
Help and Support
To learn more about Clippings, check out Clippings Help which contains helpful resources such as a Quick Start Guide for new users. Send your questions and comments to the AE Creations forums.