If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Extension Manager (Tools → Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Update.
- Compatible with Firefox 57 (Firefox Quantum)
- The limitation on creating and pasting clippings in web pages with HTML frames has been eliminated with this release
- Improved clippings and folders search in Clippings Manager
Things You Should Know About
This release has most of the features from version 5.x, although there are a few which are not available; most notably:
- Adding or editing color labels on clippings
- No prompts for placeholder values are displayed when pasting a clipping containing placeholders. Does not affect built-in placeholders (e.g. for the date)
- Due to WebExtensions being restricted from using any keyboard shortcuts that start with CTRL + ALT, the keyboard paste key has now changed - it is now ALT+SHIFT+Y (Cmd+Shift+Y on macOS).
- If there were labels on clippings in the imported data source, they will be brought over to Clippings 6 with the import; the color labels will appear on the Clippings context menu. However, labels cannot be edited for existing clippings, or added to new clippings. This will be fixed in a future release.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.