03 May 2019

Clippings and Panic Button not working on Firefox

Users of Clippings and Panic Button may have noticed that these extensions have been suddenly disabled by Firefox, due to them being "unverified." Users may notice that other installed extensions are having the same issue.

This is apparently due to a certificate error in Firefox.  I have been able to find this out only after seeing this banner appear at the top of the page in the Mozilla Discourse user forums (click on the screen shot to enlarge):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aecreations/32825023907/
Banner on the Mozilla Discourse website. Screen shot taken on Friday, 3 May 2019 at 7:19pm PDT
(click on the image to enlarge)

Aside from that, there is no announcement from Mozilla, via their official website, their support website or Mozilla Discourse, regarding this breakage, nor are there any updates on a fix.  There are some discussions elsewhere on the web (see this Reddit post, for example) from frustrated Firefox users who are experiencing this problem with their installed add-ons.

I will post any updates as they come.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Help, i want my Clippings :-)
Clippings work very well

PPC said...

Thanks for this post. I was wondering what happened. Please keep us updated on whether this issue gets sorted with Firefox.

unknown said...

Thanks for this post. I want my clippings back. I had a lot of them saved. Please sort this issue.

T Stevens said...

I value and rely on Clippings as well. I hope the issue is resolved soon.