07 December 2022

Monthly update: December 2022

I recently returned from Tokyo, which was a much-needed break and my first real vacation in over two years. After about a week of settling back home and recovering from jet lag, I'm getting back to work on my projects!

Version 1.0 of Read Next is coming soon -- a release candidate build is on its way. This is the last chance to shake out those final bugs before the official release.

A user of Panic Button found a bug where the Panic Button toolbar button is unresponsive. The user reported the issue by leaving a one-star review on the Mozilla Add-ons page and not providing any details. I believe I found the cause of this issue, and a fix for it is in the works -- but this is a reminder that bug reports and support requests for AE Creations add-ons should be posted to the GitHub project page for the add-on or the Google Groups forums. Leaving a negative review is not only unfairly punitive, it also makes it difficult for me to seek more details on the alleged bug so that I can confirm if it is so, and resolve it.

I'll also be spending some time working on the AE Creations website to prepare for decommissioning the old SourceForge site, as mentioned in my last update.

Now that the holiday season and the season of giving is here, consider showing your generosity and support for the extensions from AE Creations by making a donation! I'm working on these projects on my spare time, and your contributions is a great way to show appreciation for the work that I do and motivate me to keep on creating cool, useful Firefox add-ons. Donate today through Liberapay or PayPal -- and if you already have done so recently, thank you!

Happy holidays, and all the best in the New Year!

No comments: