Panic Button 5.0 is an upcoming new version of the Firefox extension from AE Creations that hides your browser windows from prying eyes with a click of a button. This second preview release comes with a bug fix and is being made available for testers and early adopters craving the latest and greatest.
Read on to learn what's new in version 5.0, and how to get it!
- Improvements to some of the built-in Panic Button icons
- Enhanced keyboard navigation in the extension preferences page, Change Icon dialog, and the Restore Session page
- Other behind-the-scenes improvements to ensure compatibility with future versions of Firefox
- Fixed in 5.0pre2 A blue dot appears below the Panic Button toolbar button icon, and an extra menu item in the toolbar button context menu, indicating that there are there are permissions that needs approval even though there actually aren't any
Things You Should Know About
- Panic Button 5.0 requires Firefox 115 or newer.
- The version number of this preview release will appear as 4.998.2 in Add-ons Manager.
- Panic Button won't work if Firefox is set to "Never remember history" in Privacy & Security settings.
How to Get ItTo install this preview release, head over to the Panic Button 5.0 preview release 2 page on GitHub. Look for the link to panicbutton-5.0pre2.xpi, then click on it to install.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Panic Button should be posted to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, now hosted on Groups.io.
If you find a bug, you may file a bug report on GitHub. Please search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.
Panic Button needs to be updated for French, German and Portuguese (Brazil) -- and as always, translations in other languages are welcome! If you would like to help by adding or updating a translation, consider contributing a translation in CrowdIn.