If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
- Compatible with Firefox 61
- Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, newly-created clipping doesn't show the correct label icon in the tree list if it was created from the New Clipping dialog (issue #208)
Things You Should Know About
Clippings 6 is a WebExtension for Firefox 57 and newer. It is not compatible with Mozilla Thunderbird. Thunderbird users should install Clippings 5.5.2, available from the Past Versions page on the AE Creations website.
There are several differences compared to previous versions of Clippings:
- Due to WebExtensions being restricted from using any keyboard shortcuts that start with CTRL + ALT, the keyboard paste key has now changed - it is now ALT+SHIFT+Y (Cmd+Shift+Y on macOS).
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created.
- Clippings Manager can import the legacy Clippings RDF/XML datasource file format (*.rdf files) as well as the new Clippings 6 format; however, it can only export to Clippings 6 format. To exchange clippings from Clippings 6 with other users, they need to have Clippings 5.5 or newer installed.
Help and Support
Known issues with Clippings 6 are listed here.
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.