Because this is a beta release, no automatic upgrades to this release will be available to current Clippings users.
- Compatible with Thunderbird 60
- You can paste a clipping using the Clippings 6 shortcut key prefix, ALT+SHIFT+Y (Command+Shift+Y on macOS), in addition to the traditional keys CTRL+ALT+V/Command+Option+V.
Things You Should Know About
Please be aware of the following limitations, as there has been changes in Thunderbird 60 that has caused some existing features of Clippings to stop working.
- Rearranging clippings and folders in Clippings Manager by drag and drop in the clippings tree is no longer possible. Use the Move toolbar button to select a folder to move or copy to, or right-click and select the Cut, Copy and Paste menu options. To rearrange items within a folder, select the folder, click the Arrange toolbar button, then in the dialog that appears, you can use drag and drop to rearrange the items in the selected folder.
- It is no longer possible to drag selected text to the Clippings status bar icon to create a clipping from the selected text. Instead, copy the text to the clipboard and then select New From Clipboard from the status bar icon's context menu.
- To display the extension preferences dialog, open Clippings Manager, then select Tools -> Options. The Clippings preferences dialog is not accessible from Add-ons Manager.
Not Compatible With Thunderbird 52.x or Firefox ESR 52.x
Clippings 5.6 is compatible with Thunderbird 60. It is not compatible with Thunderbird 52.x, nor is it compatible with Firefox ESR 52.x.
If you are using those older versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, you should install Clippings 5.5.2, which is still available.
How To Get It
Head over to the Clippings 5.6 beta 1 page on GitHub. Right-click on the link for clippings-tb-5.6b1.xpi and select Save As, then choose a folder location on your system (for example, the Desktop). Then follow these step-by-step instructions from the Mozilla Support website to install Clippings in Thunderbird.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.